Everyday Mom's Meals: In The Spotlight
_____

Thursday, July 7, 2011

In The Spotlight

As I sat down to write this post I was remembering back when I shared a whole list of various glazes for ham thinking it was only a few months ago. Sometime this past winter probably. Yeah, it was August of last year! Almost a whole year ago and I totally dropped the ball. See, I said at the time I was going to try each and every one of them---oops. I have used a couple, and I guess those were so good I stopped there. And truth be told I probably would have turned to the "stand by" again last night had I not been out of brown sugar. (See, these things happen when you lounge at the beach for 2 weeks and then try to cook supper w/o visiting the grocery store first) So it was time to find a new one. One w/o brown sugar.....or anything else I was missing out of the fridge. I read down the list and found one w/ 2 ingredients---both of which survived our vacation! Since the title has "baked" in it, I'm guessing it would taste fabulous out of the oven, but I grilled our ham steaks. I love ham on the grill. Who am I kidding? I love pork products on the grill!! The sweetness of the syrup and the tangy of the mustard are very nice compliments to each other and will definitely become another "go to" for me. Now that I've checked another one off that initial list, I'm going to make a conscious effort to try them all. But for now, this simple 2 ingredient star can enjoy it's time in the spotlight!

Baked Maple Glaze

2/3 c. maple syrup
1 TBS (heaping) prepared yellow mustard

Mix well w/ whisk until combined. Dry ham steaks w/ paper towels. Brush w/ glaze. Grill 3-4 minutes on each side until heated through, using extra glaze for basting.




Maple Syrup on FoodistaMaple Syrup

No comments: