Everyday Mom's Meals: Gobble Gobble
_____

Friday, July 22, 2011

Gobble Gobble

It's July and I've got turkey on the brain. Believe me, I'm not wishing summer away. Not by a long shot. As far as I'm concerned when Thanksgiving rolls around it could still be 80 and sunny! I enjoy the winter holidays, but wouldn't mind if they came w/ summer weather! No, I'm just hungry for turkey! I'm not really one to wait for a special day to fix a turkey dish, maybe not roast an entire 18 lb one, but find another way to enjoy the "other white meat". Oh wait, that title is already taken. Oops. Well, you know what I'm saying. I just get in the mood for it sometimes, and now is one of those times. So imagine my thrill when I found these over at Mommy's Kitchen., and they were labeled "weeknight easy". Could anything be more "me"? And what a fun way to enjoy turkey---I think most kids would get a HUGE kick out of these. Plus it's easy enough little hands could even help in the kitchen making these. So while I'm happy to say autumn is still a few months away here in Indiana, I'm happy to have this to remind my stomach how much I love the gobbler, and all the trimmings that go w/ it. Think of it as putting swim trunks on Tom Turkey and letting him out to get some sun :)

Turkey Roll Ups

1 16 oz. pkg sliced Smoked or Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
1 6 oz. pkg. Stove Top Turkey Stuffing (I actually used the "Cranberry" flavored one)
1 16 oz jar turkey gravy

Prepare stuffing according to package directions (you usually need 1/4 c. butter for this) and set aside. Spoon 1/4 c. stuffing onto each turkey slice. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 9x13 pan. Continue rolling remaining turkey slices. Pour gravy on top. Cover w/ foil. Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve w/ mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.


Shared on Amee's Savory Dish July 22, 2011
Shared on Julie's Eats and Treats July 22, 2011
Shared on Make Ahead Meals July 24, 2011
Shared on Hugs & Cookies July 26, 2011
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box July 26, 2011
Shared on Celebrating Family July 26, 2011
Shared on It's A Keeper July 28, 2011
Shared on Around My Family Table July 28, 2011

4 comments:

The Better Baker said...

Sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing -

LivingSoAbundantly said...

A parent made this at school for our Thanksgiving feast, and the kids and I loved it! YUM!

Justins Mommy said...

yumm! i can't wait to try this one.

BreAna {Sugar and Spice and All Things Iced} said...

What a great idea! I love easy weeknight meals. Pinned it for future reference!! :)