Everyday Mom's Meals: Sunday Church Supper
_____

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Church Supper

When I was growing up, Sundays were for worship and family time. Sometimes immediately following the service, we would all gather in the church basement for fellowship, good friends and great food. Other times, we would all go home for a while and then gather at supper time for another "mini" service and a pot luck style church supper. I have so many fond memories of those gatherings, and thought it would be a great idea to host a virtual one right here. So we'll try it this week and maybe just maybe each week Everyday Mom's Meal will be the gathering place for a Church Supper type of linky party! Share your favorite recipes from the week that would be perfect for a crowd; and please remember I wish you God's blessings all week long!

Rules:

1. Feel free to link up as many recipes as you like!

2. Leave comments so I can visit you back!

3. Visit at least 2 other sites and tell them you joined them at my Church Supper!

4. Follow my blog here and on Facebook :)


10 comments:

Julie said...

Linked up a couple recipes...come check out my blog @ julieseatsandtreats.com. Can't wait to see the other recipes!

Mike@ The Culinary Lens said...

I believe Dublin Coddle might make a great pot luck item. Maybe you'd need to wait till the weather was a little cooler.

Comfy cuisine said...

Hi Krista! Happy to join your Church Supper! What a great idea!

The Stratton Family said...

I have to say, I am a new follower to your blog, and I love it! I'd love it if you came over and linked up to Lovely Little Snippets!
Stefanie
http://lovelylittlesnippets.blogspot.com/

Krista said...

Welcome, and thank you! I'm headed over now!

Tricia @ Recipe Roundup said...

I posted three, cuz. I have such fond memories of church suppers too! Great idea! Love ya! :-)xoxo

Krista said...

Thanks Trish! Love them, and you!

Unknown said...

Hello!! I just linked up my latest recipe on my blog, thank you for the invite. What a neat idea. :)

Amila said...

This is a really great idea.I like to be interact & find new recipes in this way...and glad to be a follower of you....

carolinaheartstrings said...

Thanks for the invitation to link up to your party. We will every week! Wonderful recipes and people. Come over and visit and check out the grilled fruit we linked. Yum.