Everyday Mom's Meals: Yo Quiero Taco....
_____

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Yo Quiero Taco....

Nope didn't finish that w/ "bell". Yes I know you are now remembering the cute little dog in all those Taco Bell commercials, but it got you thinking of Mexican food! Knowing we were having tacos for supper the other night, I knew it was time to find a great side dish. Rice, refried beans, chips and salsa, or queso dip--these are all staples at our house for taco night. I like to try to keep the sides fresh and interesting since tacos are such a "normal" thing. I make other Mexican dishes that are a little more exciting, enchiladas and  walking tacos to name a couple. But for simple soft tacos, I keep it pretty basic- taco meat, lettuce, tomato, cheese- all the regular players. I wanted something easy and quick to accompany them this time and while I figured it would be rice, which kind was the question. Spanish? Yellow? Mexican? What about taco rice?? How more perfect could it be! I have to admit, when I was younger I wasn't a big fan of Mexican food. I'm not sure why since I LOVE it so much now. Our whole family does. So finding new things to try to make that love grow, is a challenge I gladly except! Pour yourself an ice cold margarita (my personal favorite), and enjoy this zesty dish along side tacos, burritos, tamales, or your favorite Mexican dish!

Taco Rice Adapted from AllRecipes

1 14. 5 oz can chicken broth
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 1/2 c. uncooked instant rice

In a large pot bring broth, tomato sauce and taco seasoning to a boil. Stir rice into pot, cover and remove from heat. Let stand, covered for 5 minutes.

Shared on Around My Family Table July 7, 2011


Short Grain White Rice on FoodistaShort Grain White Rice

No comments: