Everyday Mom's Meals: Another Newbie
_____

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Another Newbie

The other day I was talking to my aunt about the blog, explaining how it worked and what I did on here. She isn't very Internet savvy and doesn't even have email, so she has never seen it:) I told her that back in January I made a commitment to try a new recipe each week, and while very rewarding, sometimes it can be challenging too. Not b/c there aren't enough new ones out there for me to try, but b/c some weeks I just want to be lazy and gravitate towards those "staples" that I could make w/ my eyes closed. She asked what I was going to try this week and w/ a small smile I told her "a Mexican recipe that Alex could make himself if I let him near the stove." LOL Adam has always been a fan of Mexican cuisine. I came to love it when Adam and I first started dating (Yes before that I wasn't a very big fan. As a child I HATED tacos!!) Now Alex is old enough a little bit of spice (not the make you cry and genuflect heat his father loves) doesn't scare him and he is discovering his love of all things Mexican. Tacos, burritos, chips n salsa, enchiladas--He has found he loves it all and can eat it every day if allowed. So I find myself seeking out more and more easy at home versions of the things he has had in the restaurants; and that is how I found this one. Campbells.com is a great resource for recipes, both containing there soups, and not. I hope the little guy likes this one b/c it's so simple it could easily become one of those staples in my recipe box!

Beef Enchiladas

1 lb. ground beef
1 16 oz jar Pace Picante Sauce
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
12 corn or flour tortillas, warmed

Heat oven to 325. Wrap tortillas in foil and put in oven to warm for 7 minutes. Once warm, remove and increase oven temp to 350. Cook beef over medium high heat and drain. Stir in 1/2 cup picante sauce and 1 cup cheese. Spread 1/2 cup picante sauce in bottom of shallow baking dish. Spoon about 2 TBS beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in dish. Top w/ remaining picante sauce and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and cheese melts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made this and they are great and super easy to make. Karen