Everyday Mom's Meals: Corn, Newly Creamed
_____

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Corn, Newly Creamed

Creamed corn is one of those veggies you either love or hate. I really don't think there is an in between for most people. Me? Well, I loved it as a kid, hated it for a few years as a grown up, and now I'm back to enjoying it again. I know.....women are fickle. It's part of our charm. My "boys" however, have always loved it, never wavering. And if I'm being honest, one of the reasons I might have started to love it again is b/c it's one of the easiest veggies to make: pop open can, pour in bowl, heat and serve. On a busy (or lazy) night, you can't get much easier than that:) But just b/c we love it in it's canned form, doesn't mean we aren't up to trying it a different way. My "always dependable for new recipes" cousin shared this w/ me last week after having it on Easter Sunday and said it was delicious. The minute I saw it I thought of one of our other favorites, green bean casserole, so why not try something similar w/ corn! I'm anxious to put this on my menu and I was going to this week, but then the grocery store had fresh corn on the cob that looked amazing, so it jumped in my cart instead. But I will be making this very very soon!

Creamed Corn and Fried Onion Casserole

1 8 oz package cream cheese
1 10 oz package frozen corn, thawed
salt and pepper
1 c. canned French fried onions

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 7 inch square baking pan or casserole dish. Spread the cream cheese evenly on bottom of the pan. Top w/ corn, pressing the corn into the cheese. Season to taste w/ salt and pepper. Spread the onions evenly over the top. Bake for 30 minutes.

Corn on FoodistaCorn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy, will have to try it. Karen S.