Everyday Mom's Meals: Home Made Ice Cream (Put the Machine and Rock Salt Away!)
_____

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Home Made Ice Cream (Put the Machine and Rock Salt Away!)

Yep. It's a dream come true. I would never lie to you. You can have smooth, creamy, delicious home made ice cream, in all of your favorite flavors (and probably some you've never thought of) w/o the hassle! I can NOT wait to try this, and there are so many I want to taste I can't decide which to do first. This came to me from my cousin Trish over at Recipe Roundup and she found it on Kevin and Amanda. (There's another tid bit for you. A new blog to check out. I'd never heard of them, but if they can provide this recipe, they just jumped to the top of my must read list). I will share a couple of the ones I am going to be trying first, but please check out either site for more ideas, and photos on Kevin and Amanda. Seriously, I can't even express my excitement for this.....I thinking about sending Adam to the store right now...and it's going on midnight!

Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream

2 c. heavy cream
1 14 oz. Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 TBS butter, melted
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in large bowl. Whisk condensed milk, butter, cinnamon, & vanilla in large bowl. Mix well. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into a 2 qt. container and cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.


Nutella Peanut Butter Chip Ice Cream

2 c. heavy cream
1 14 oz. Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 TBS butter, melted
1/2 c. Nutella
1 c. peanut butter chips

Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in large bowl. Whisk condensed milk, butter, and Nutella in a large bowl. Stir in peanut butter chips. Fold in whipped cream. pour into 2 qt container and cover. Freeze 6 hours until firm.

As you can see, it's really a method that allows the possibilities to be endless!!! Your imagination can make your ice cream!

Nutella on FoodistaNutella

4 comments:

Tricia @ Recipe Roundup said...

Hey...I wanted to let you know that in one of the 140+ reviews I read on this lastnight that someone tested cool whip and cream whipped by hand. She felt the results were the same! (I guess I should go back and mention that tid bit)Our grocery store has cool whip 10 for $10 this week...you know I'm going to buy atleast 10 of them!

Krista said...

So Cool Whip instead of cream, or Cool Whip instead of condensed milk?

Krista said...

It's Cool Whip instead of the heavy cream!! How easy is that. Mix the "extras" into the condensed milk and then fold in Cold Whip and freeze!!! No need to get out the mixer!!!

Krista said...

2 cups Cool Whip.