Everyday Mom's Meals: If Macs Aren't Your Thing
_____

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

If Macs Aren't Your Thing

Nope, not talking computers. (I bet those who know my husband and our family's complete loyalty to the Apple brand thought I was!!) Macs as in macaroni salad. As in the recipe I posted yesterday. I'm on a Memorial Day picnic, cook out, barbecue, roll and variety is important. If macaroni salad isn't your idea of a yummy side dish, maybe potato salad is. I have a ton of recipes for this old stand by, but we're always willing to try a new one:) Alex has requested my Coney Dogs (January 10, 2010) for the holiday and I figured this would be a great addition. The thing that caught my eye while reading this over at The Hungry Housewife was the addition of garlic. I can honestly say I don't think any of my recipes include garlic; and w/ us loving anything w/ garlic I figured this was right up our alley. So be it macaroni or potato, hamburgers or hot dogs, corn on the cob or baked beans--I hope your Memorial Day is very happy, safe, filled w/ loved ones and tasty tasty food!

Garlic Potato Salad

5 lb. red potatoes, cubed
6 chicken boullion cubes
1 1/2 c. mayo
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
4 garlic cloves minced
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Put potatoes in a large stock pot and add water to cover by 2 inches. Add chicken boullion cubes. Bring potatoes to boil and cook until fork tender, about 6 minutes. While potatoes are cooking, mix mayo, mustard, garlic, eggs, salt and pepper very well. When potatoes done, drain well and put in large bowl. Pour mayo mixture over potatoes and mix well.



Red Potato on FoodistaRed Potato

Garlic on FoodistaGarlic

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks so very much for the shout out!!!

Krista said...

Sure Thing! I just found your blog and am already a huge fan!