Everyday Mom's Meals: Potluck Pleaser
_____

Monday, May 30, 2011

Potluck Pleaser

What happened to the traditional pot luck? When I was younger, we had them at church all the time. I remember my mom getting up early on Sunday morning to make sure she had her dish prepared before we left for church for the potluck after service. I always loved the idea. A group of people sharing fellowship and great food, but not 1 person having to do all the work. I'm sure there are still potlucks out there, keeping up this wonderful tradition--I just don't get invited to any! Until now, kind of. Each Sunday my fellow blogger Tina over at Mommy's Kitchen hosts a virtual potluck where if you attend, you can share a recipe so all of her readers link back to your site. I "showed up" last night and took Mom's Macaroni Salad and in return I got some great new recipes I am excite to try out. The first being this dip that I think would be perfect for a party, cook out, or heck, just for snacking! This comes from another Tina (although she credits her friend Lori), this one at Sugar Bean Bakers and I'm so happy to share it w/ you and I can't wait to go to the potluck next Sunday!

Holy Moses Dip

16 oz sour cream
4 oz. packet dry ranch dressing
3 oz real bacon bits
1-2 cups sharp cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients well and chill. Serve w/ chips, crackers, pita chips, veggies, etc.
 Photo courtesy of Sugar Bean Bakers.

Sour Cream on FoodistaSour Cream

4 comments:

MamaMonki said...

Yep! I'll be making this one this week. Might be hiding in the closet eating it though. Sounds delish!

Krista said...

I know! I have a whole bag of kettle cooked chips that are just asking for this!! lol

Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers said...

Thanks for the link back, Krista! :)

Krista said...

Sure thing!