Everyday Mom's Meals: Have Faith
_____

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Have Faith

I should be repeating that to myself over and over again. Why? B/c I'm learning, mostly b/c of this blog, that things in the culinary world I never thought I could do, I indeed can and they aren't nearly as hard as I convinced myself they were. Today's example of this: fresh whipped cream. Now for those out there reading this that make it all the time, I realize and fully accept you are rolling your eyes right now. But I'm serious--I never even attempted it b/c I figured what's the point. I can buy a tub of Cool Whip or a can of Redi Whip and be done w/ it. After all I was the child known for having "a little pumpkin pie w/ my Cool Whip". Okay, who am I kidding? I'm still that way! But I guess I was feeling brave b/c I figured, why not try. The worse that could happen is it turns into butter, and we can have that w/ some bread for supper! Well, wonders never cease b/c it turned out perfect the VERY first time and I am now a covert! No more tubs or cans of whipped topping for me again! It's fresh and homemade from now. I'm like the Little Engine That Could of the kitchen......I think I can, I think I can......and I did!


Whipped Cream

1 c. heavy whipping cream
3 TBS powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

In a chilled mixing bowl and w/ chilled beaters, use an electric mixer to beat until soft peaks form. Do not over beat b/c butter will form :) Store in fridge.


Shared on Celebrating Family Aug. 2, 2011
Shared on This Chic Cooks Aug. 3, 2011
Shared on Lark's Country Heart Aug. 3, 2011
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Aug. 3, 2011
Shared on Hugs & Cookies Aug. 3, 2011
Shared on Jam Hands Aug. 3, 2011
Shared on Mangoes and Chutney Aug. 5, 2011

8 comments:

Jeana Dowd said...

looks yummy, makes me wanna stick my finger in it!! :o)

The Better Baker said...

Oh how exciting to learn something new...and discover it wasn't nearly as tough as we thought it would be. =) Looks perfect! Can I have a lick (or three?) Found you at Made it on Mondays...

DANIELLE said...

A BOWL OF HEAVEN! THANKS FOR LINKING UP!

Ali said...

I'm not rolling my eyes at all krista. We all start not knowing what the heck we are doing in the kitchen. :) Good for you for trying something new!

My mom always made fresh whipped cream, and I never do. I think I'm just lazy :O) It tastes so much better than cool whip though.

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

Have to laugh. I am new to cooking as a hobby as well, only a couple of years and I agree, blogging challenges you like nothing else.

I still get to have some of these, :I Can'y believe I con do this!!!" moments!

Miranda | Mangoes and Chutney said...

LOVE the story! Mangoes and Chutney's Fat Camp Friday is now open Friday at midnight (EST) ! I would love if you stopped by and linked up this recipe!
http://mangoesandchutney.com/2011/08/fat-camp-friday-39-brown-sugar-bacon-jalapenos.html

Krista said...

Thanks! I did, and a few others too!

Miranda | Mangoes and Chutney said...

So happy you came! Thank you so much for joining Fat Camp Friday! See you next week!