Everyday Mom's Meals: Berry Good
_____

Monday, July 11, 2011

Berry Good

For so long now I've been known as the cook who doesn't bake. Well, I think it's time I start embracing my other side---the one who is no longer afraid of the oven, exact measurements and sifting! To be honest, it wasn't ever that I didn't enjoy baking, it just seemed more in depth and took more time and sometimes I'm not the most patient person in the world. But as I do it more and more, I'm learning new tricks, techniques and getting more comfortable w/ doing things I probably would have never attempted before. I've also learned that if I want a recipe for something when it's time to search for it, adding the word "easy" generates results that are ones I can do and feel comfortable trying. That's how I found this on Cooks.com--looking for "easy raspberry desserts". See, it's raspberry picking time again, and I know Adam is going to start bringing home buckets full of them, and Alex wants to go picking too, like we did for strawberries, so I needed to use what I had left in the freezer from last year. It hasn't been too long since I made my Raspberry Cobbler so I wanted something different; and since the last 2 desserts I made were not pastry based, I thought it was time for one including some sort of crust or topping. I love crumb topped pies, and/or crisps, so this was perfect for all of this. The boys get their favorite berry and I get the sweet crumbles on top! I'm so happy I have another raspberry dish in my recipe box b/c rather it be black, red, fresh or frozen, the men in my house are raspberry "nuts" and it is my job to use 'em not waste 'em; and baking, well it's "berry good" for me :)

Raspberry Crisp
4 c. raspberries (if frozen, thawed and drained well)
1/3 c. white sugar
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. flour
1/4 c. butter or margarine, softened
3/4 c. rolled oats

Place berries in a 9x11 pan. Sprinkle w/ white sugar. In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, flour and oats. Mix well w/ hands until crumbles. Sprinkle over berries. Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes or until topping is browned. Serve w/ whipped cream.



Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box July 12, 2011
Shared on This Chick Cooks July 13, 2011
Shared on Lark's Country Heart July 13, 2011
Shared on Family Fresh Cooking July 13, 2011
Shared on Around My Family Table July 14, 2011
Shared on It's A Keeper July 14, 2011
Shared on Simply Delish  July 15, 2011
Shared on Lovely Little Snippets July 17, 2011
Shared on Make Ahead Meals July 18, 2011
Shared on Gooseberry Patch Sept. 28, 2011

Raspberries on FoodistaRaspberries

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love baking with fresh fruit & berries! One of the things I love about Summer the most!

Unknown said...

Krista, I am so glad you came back to link this gem up!