Everyday Mom's Meals: Monday Night Tip
_____

Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Night Tip

For those of you that read the meal plan (yesterday's post) you saw that I am making grilled ham steaks tonight. Sometimes I will just grill them "plain", sometimes I will add a little olive oil for taste and sometimes I will glaze them for extra flavor. Tonight is a glaze night:) I came across an awesome site, cookingnook.com (I've never used this site before, but after today i it is bookmarked) that had all different types of glazes to use on ham, and it had exactly what I was looking for. Something easy that I could make from things I have in my pantry. So I will be making the first one listed, but there are many to choose from, so maybe you can find one that suits your tastes; and know I will be trying a different one next time!

Honey and Brown Sugar Ham Glaze
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 TBS honey
1 TBS prepared mustard

Orange Glaze
1 cup orange juice
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 TBS Dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp. soy sauce

Baked Ham Maple Glaze
1 TBS mustard
2/3 cup real maple syrup

Brown Sugar Glaze
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
3/4 tsp ground cloves

Marmalade Glaze
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 TBS flour
add enough pineapple juice to create a thick paste

Pineapple Glaze
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup well drained crushed pineapple

Ginger Glaze
1 tsp dry ginger
1 tsp dry mustard
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
canned pear or peach syrup to make a thick paste
1 tsp lemon juice

Chili Glaze
1/2 cup thick chili sauce
1/4 cup corn syrup

For all glazes above, just mix ingredients together and brush ham. Use extra glaze to baste with.

Mustard and Red Currant Glaze
1/3 cup mustard
1 cup red currant jelly
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 TBS oil
2 TBS soy sauce

Place all ingredients into a saucepan. Stir and warm over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until jelly has melted.

No comments: