Everyday Mom's Meals: Bridal Shower Continued
_____

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bridal Shower Continued

Okay, here we go, day three. One of my favorite things at parties is the veggie tray. I don't know why, but there is something really yummy and refreshing about a plate of fresh, crunchy veggies w/ a creamy dip :-) The ladies at the shower, actually made a spinach one instead of the run of the mill ranch or onion--and it was great! I love anything spinach and my grandma makes a great one, and while different, this one actually reminded me of it a little bit.

Creamy Spinach Dip
1 10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp lemon pepper

Combine ingredients, mix well. Chill. Serve w/ assorted veggies.

Makes 2 1/2 cups

Variation: Substitute plain yogurt for sour cream.

No comments: