Everyday Mom's Meals: Day 4
_____

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 4

There were three different sandwich choices at the shower on Sunday. The cucumber ones, I've already shared with you. The second choice was egg salad, which is what I chose and it was great, but I don't have a recipe for it. The third, was a meat spread, that to me looked very similar to the ham salad or "sandwich spread" you can buy at the deli counter or butcher shop. I love ham salad, but upon receiving the recipe, we discovered it actually had bologna in it. This is a great recipe for a crowd, so it's definitely going into my "party arsenal".

Ground Bologna Sandwiches
1 pkg or 1 lb bologna
4-6 hard boiled eggs
3-4 sweet pickles
1/2 onion
1 tsp sugar
1 TBS vinegar
1 tsp mustard
Miracle Whip to taste

Grind together bologna, eggs, pickles and onion in a meat grinder (I think a food processor would work). Mix sugar, vinegar, mustard and Miracle Whip together. Add meat mixture to sauce. Spread between bread to make sandwiches.

No comments: