Everyday Mom's Meals: Let's Take A Dip
_____

Friday, August 20, 2010

Let's Take A Dip

Even though I don't entertain a lot, I'm always looking for "party" foods for various occasions through out the year when family gets together or we're just watching a Sunday football game. Food you can eat w/ your hands is so much fun, and in my experience always some of the first things to go at a party. Instead of the run of the mill vegetable tray w/ ranch dip, why not try something a little different, courtesy of Rachael Ray??!!

Lemon-Garlic Chick Pea Dip
1 15 oz. can chick peas, drained
1 clove garlic, cracked from skin
1 lemon, zested and juiced
4-5 sprigs fresh thyme leaves, stripped from stems
coarse salt and pepper
few drops hot sauce, to taste
1/4 c. olive oil

Combine chick peas, garlic, lemon zest and juice, thyme, salt and pepper and hot sauce in food processor. Turn on and stream in olive oil. Transfer to dish and serve w/ assorted raw veggies and/or pita chips.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hummus is awesome! I usually buy mine premade, but this recipe sounds good. I'll have to try it. Carla

Krista said...

like the idea of hummus, but usually store bought ones don't have the right flavor for me. Too over powering, or no flavor at all. That's why I was excited for this one. Maybe next time we have a football party @ 500 S I will make this!