Everyday Mom's Meals: The Final Installment
_____

Friday, August 6, 2010

The Final Installment

Sometimes I think one of the hardest things to plan for a party are the drinks. There are so many things to choose from and consider. Alcohol? No alcohol? Soda? Cans? Bottles? Water? Tea? Sigh....it can become very wasteful if you aren't careful. I love when I go to a party and there is punch. I don't know why. Maybe it takes me back to my childhood when my Grammy would make her Christmas punch and I could seriously drink a 5 gallon bucket full :-) We had punch at my bridal shower and then I requested the same kind at Alex's first birthday party when my mother-in-law was helping me. You can imagine how excited I was when the first thing I was offered to drink at the shower was PUNCH!!!! It was delicious and refreshing, and is the final recipe I'm sharing from that day. Congratulations to Charla and Joel--may your years together only be out lived by your love for one another!

Orange Punch
2 pkgs orange Kool Aid
1 small can pineapple juice
5 cups sugar
1 qt. orange or rainbow sherbet
1 large bottle ginger ale
1 can frozen orange juice
18 cups water

Mix all ingredients together except ginger ale, which you add right before serving.

No comments: