Everyday Mom's Meals: September Brings Soup
_____

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September Brings Soup

So I didn't know what recipe to post today, so I wasn't going to. Then I looked at the weather and saw that it's only supposed to be 65º here in Fort Wayne on Saturday and that made me think of fall. Then I was going through my recipes trying to find suppers for next week and I came across one of my favorite soups and I thought, "Well, I guess it would be okay to make soup since it's cooling down". So I wrote it down and started to get excited. Then I saw the extended forecast that showed me by Monday it's going to be back up to 80º. Oh well. I planned it. I wrote it down. We're eating it. LOL Besides, it is cooked in the crock pot, so at least it won't heat up the house:)

Crock Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
1 lb. round steak, diced into small chunks
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 celery ribs, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 large onion, diced
6 beef bouillon cubes (extra may be needed)
Salt and pepper to taste
3 cups water
1 1/2 cups frozen mixed veggies

Place all ingredients in crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. Then low for 2 additional hours.



Shared on Gooseberry Patch Feb. 22, 2012
Soups at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

2 comments:

morchella said...

I have made this and its really good and also filling.

Anonymous said...

yeah summer really brings soup :)