Everyday Mom's Meals: Sweet As Candy
_____

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sweet As Candy

When I was younger, I hated cooked carrots. The only time I would eat them is if my dad would take the time to "candy" them. But that was saved for special occasions, so it was a special treat. Well, I have passed that preference on to my husband, who had never had them until I came along, and to my son, b/c let's face it, a kid will eat any veggie that includes butter and sugar! Depending on the type of carrot you are using, you can do this a couple different ways, but in the end it doesn't matter b/c they are delicious!

Candied Carrots

2 cans sliced carrots
2 TBS butter, diced
3 TBS brown sugar (may need a little more)

Preheat oven to 350. Drain carrots and put in casserole dish. Dot w/ butter and sprinkle w/ sugar. Bake for 30 minutes. (You can also microwave for 5-7 minutes if in a hurry)

*NOTE* You can also use fresh or frozen carrots. For fresh, it's best to boil for a few minutes before baking. If frozen, just put in colander in the sink all day and allow to thaw.


Shared on Everyday Sisters Oct. 30, 2011

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not a cooked carrot lover. I like raw carrots, but never cared for cooked ones. well, I made this receipe tonight and You made a cooked carrot lover out of me. Between the 2 of us we licked the bowl clean. Karen

Krista said...

That's awesome! I don't like cooked carrots unless they are like this either!

Anonymous said...

Krista, if I used frozen carrots, any idea on how much.

Ellen Zames said...

growing up I used to LOVE candied carrots although my Mom who was always watching her weight used to make them with margarine and sweet n low LOL. This way sounds much better! Thank you for linking up to Sharing Sundays.

Ellen

http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com