Everyday Mom's Meals: I Need A Break
_____

Monday, September 27, 2010

I Need A Break

As much as I love cooking and preparing meals for my family, even I need a night off. And I'm not talking about a night off from cooking, b/c I do get those more than a lot of other women out there--at least once a week, sometimes two. No, what I mean is a night off from having to think about it. LOL No "ok, how long does this have to cook", or "if I put this in now, will it be done when the rest of the stuff is". The whole brain overload that comes w/ making a meal sometimes is what I need a break from--a mental health day if you will. So tonight we are going simple. Salad. Yep. That's it. Not just any salad though. Greek Salads. Mmmmmm. There is a restaurant here in Fort Wayne, Triangle Park, that simply has the best Greek Salad I have ever had, so years ago I started to replicate it, and I think I've come pretty close. It's more of an arranged salad, and great to entertain with! But the time of the year when we love it the most, is in the summer b/c it's light even for the heat, but filling enough to satisfy. So if your brain needs a break tonight too, try this one---it won't disappoint!

Greek Salad


Iceberg lettuce, chopped
1 green pepper diced
1 can picked beets- drained and finely chopped
1 can pineapple chunks, drained
1 can kalamata or medium pitted black olives, drained
1 tin anchovies (optional--Adam likes them, I don't)
Small container crumbed feta cheese
Greek salad dressing ( I buy whichever is on sale)

Arrange lettuce in center of dinner plate. Place pineapple, pepper, beets and olives around edge. Top w/ cheese and anchovies, if desired.  (These amounts makes 2 dinner sized salads) Top w/ dressing. Serve w/ crusty rustic bread on the side.


This one is mine--so NO anchovies :)


Pin It

4 comments:

insightfullyme said...

I was just thinking the same thing! I NEED A BREAK. tis Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

I love greek sala, but have never made my own. this looks so good, I will have to try it. you made me hungry for one. Karen

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

Just checking in to say hi! Thanks again for being so active on eRecipeCards.

Unknown said...

Beautiful!