Everyday Mom's Meals: In My Other Life
_____

Monday, September 13, 2010

In My Other Life

Just a couple weeks ago I was telling my sister in law that I must have been Italian in my previous life, b/c there are not many things I could eat every single day and tire of, but pasta is the one. I love it. It makes me feel so good when I eat it. I have no idea why, I know it isn't the best thing for me, but I could seriously find a different one to make each night and be totally content. This is one I found on the internet when searching for "pantry" items to use. I like to find recipes that include ingredients I most always have on hand, and this definitely fit the bill.

Linguine with Olives and Capers

1 TBS olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced
1 26 oz jar marinara sauce (or homemade)
1 6.75 oz jar green olives, drained and chopped
1 3/5 oz jar capers, drained and chopped
1 # box linguine

Heat olive oil and garlic in large sauce pan over medium heat 2 minutes. Add marinara, olives and capers. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.

Cook pasta and drain. Add 1/2 sauce and mix. Serve in portions w/ rest of sauce on top.




No comments: