Everyday Mom's Meals: Cracker Inspiration
_____

Monday, July 16, 2012

Cracker Inspiration

I know I can't be the only person this has ever happened to. You take a bite of something new and you immediately think "I have to eat this as much as possible and find as many ways to use it as I can." That is how foods become obsessions! This is exactly what I experienced a couple weeks ago when I bit into the newest flavor of Triscuit crackers~ Dill, Sea Salt and Olive Oil. If you love dill, these are the crackers for you. They are bursting with dill flavor! You can actually see it baked right into the cracker. It was love at first taste for me. And while I was looking at the box I saw a couple suggestions for ways to use them in appetizers. Well, that makes sense b/c I already use them in an appetizer I shared with you at Thanksgiving time, Turkey Bites, that were instantly a favorite in this house. So I immediately started to plan how I could use these ones too. I can always use new appetizer ideas, especially when they involve something like a cracker b/c it makes them so easy to put together, even at the last minute! Calling all fellow dill lovers, you've got to see these!

Dill Cucumber Bites
Triscuit Crackers~ Dill, Sea Salt and Olive Oil
1 medium cucumber, only peel 1 strip from each side, leaving rest of skin
Chive Cream Cheese, softened
Dill Weed

Slice cucumber very thin. Spread cream cheese onto crackers. Place1 cucumber on each cracker. Sprinkle with dill weed. Chill until serving.


Shared on Make Ahead Meals July 16, 2012
Shared on Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen July 16, 2012 
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box July 17, 2012 
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain July 18, 2012 
Shared on The Country Cook July 21, 2012 
Shared on Gooseberry Patch July 25, 2012
Appetizers at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

2 comments:

Ellen B Cookery said...

This is a great idea. Makes for an awesome appetizer!

madge | the vegetarian casserole queen said...

Plain Triscuits are sooo good, so these are probably even better. Love this recipe. Simple and summery!