While we always plan our annual beach vacation around this time of year, one of the reasons we had to be in Florida at the beginning of July was so Alex could compete at the Taekwondo National Championships. As a Gold Medalist at the State Championships he qualified to compete at the National level in Ft. Lauderdale. So from April until July 1 he trained as HARD as he could and set his eyes on his goal. And it paid off 100%. That's right~ Monkey is a BRONZE Medalist at the TKD National Championships!!! With a 3rd place finish in Olympic Sparring he walked away with a bronze medal. And he is now ranked #3 in the Nation in his division! Pretty impressive for a 7 year old who has only been doing TKD for about 18 months! We are SO proud and he is SO excited. I can't even begin to put into words how much this meant to him. Seeing the pride in his eyes and the feeling of accomplishment he has is priceless. The entire experience only added to the joy of our family vacation.
|The Bronze Medal Winner!|
|This one brings tears to me eyes.|
|Mommy couldn't be more proud!|
|Daddy was actually his Coach. What a special memory to share!|
Please link up your favorite recipes from the week. And remember I wish you God's blessings all week long!
Last Week's Most Viewed Recipe:
Congrats! Please feel free to grab my "Featured On" button!
Now, let's eat!
1. Feel free to link up as many recipes as you like!
2. Link up to your ACTUAL recipe, not just your homepage. Much easier to find you that way!
3. Include a link back to EMM on your recipe post or grab my button!
4. Leave comments so I can visit you back!
5. Visit at least 2 other sites and tell them you joined them at my Church Supper!
6. Follow my blog here w/ GFC and on Facebook :)