Everyday Mom's Meals: Church Supper #46
_____

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Church Supper #46

Good Morning! Did you have a good week? How about a wonderful 4th of July? I hope it was safe, happy and healthy. I guess now that I've revealed to all of you that we've been enjoying ourselves on the beach the past 2 weeks I can also share some absolutely AWESOME news with you.

While we always plan our annual beach vacation around this time of year, one of the reasons we had to be in Florida at the beginning of July was so Alex could compete at the Taekwondo National Championships. As a Gold Medalist at the State Championships he qualified to compete at the National level in Ft. Lauderdale. So from April until July 1 he trained as HARD as he could and set his eyes on his goal. And it paid off 100%. That's right~ Monkey is a BRONZE Medalist at the TKD National Championships!!! With a 3rd place finish in Olympic Sparring he walked away with a bronze medal. And he is now ranked #3 in the Nation in his division! Pretty impressive for a 7 year old who has only been doing TKD for about 18 months! We are SO proud and he is SO excited. I can't even begin to put into words how much this meant to him. Seeing the pride in his eyes and the feeling of accomplishment he has is priceless. The entire experience only added to the joy of our family vacation.

The Bronze Medal Winner!

This one brings tears to me eyes.

Mommy couldn't be more proud!

Daddy was actually his Coach. What a special memory to share!



Please link up your favorite recipes from the week. And remember I wish you God's blessings all week long!

 Last Week's Most Viewed Recipe:
Enchilada Pinwheels
  From:Mommy Minded

Congrats! Please feel free to grab my "Featured On" button!

Now, let's eat!

Rules:

1. Feel free to link up as many recipes as you like!

2. Link up to your ACTUAL recipe, not just your homepage. Much easier to find you that way!

3. Include a link back to EMM on your recipe post or grab my button!

4. Leave comments so I can visit you back!

5. Visit at least 2 other sites and tell them you joined them at my Church Supper!

6. Follow my blog here w/ GFC and on Facebook :)



8 comments:

Carol said...

Yay for Alex! How cool is that and you and Mr EMM must be thrilled for him <3

carolinaheartstrings said...

Congratulations to them both! Thank is fantastic. Linked up a wonderful mac and cheese recipe today!

Kara E said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting :) Thanks for posting even amongst all the busyness! Linked up a few things today, got excited haha

Kim (Sunflower Supper Club) said...

Congrats to your son! I know you have to be busting with pride! Thanks so much for hosting and have a wonderful week.
~Kim

The Country Cook said...

Woo Hoo! That is so exciting for him! What a great accomplishment!! Love the pictures too!

Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads said...

That's so awesome!! Congrats!! Thanks so much for hosting!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment!

Cindy said...

How exciting for your son! I can only imagine the pride you are feeling! I would be crying my eyes out. Years and years ago, when my son was about the same age as yours, he was given a special award for Karate. It was a big deal that was kept a secret and was presented before a large audience at our local college. I secretly invited his grandparents. Well...it was such a secret that someone let him go to the restroom, and he missed the whole thing! The lights were turned down in the theater and there was a big EMPTY spotlight! I was so disappointed and sad for him!!! Just think your son may be headed to the Summer Olympics in the future!