Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Bekki}
_____

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Bekki}

Happy Saturday to all of you. I hope your weekend is off to a good start. Maybe you're still enjoying some time off for the holiday, and if that's the case, lucky you! If you are in the part(s) of the country that are melting, I hope you're finding fun ways to stay cool. However you plan on spending the next 2 days, I'm so glad you decided to make EMM a part of it. This week's guest is a faithful and loyal EMM fan here to share a fantastic cookie recipe with all of us. Please welcome Bekki back to EMM~


Hello EMM foodies! I hope you had a blessed Independence day, that was filled with all your favorite dishes, and hopefully some fun new ones. I want to thank Mrs. Everyday for inviting me back to share another recipe with all of you. So grab a tall glass of milk for this one, your really going to enjoy it with this cookie recipe. And don't forget the different flavors of chips to mix with the butterscotch, or use another entirely.

I am married to my wonderful husband Josh, have a beautiful 12 year old step daughter Amy and 2 furbaby sweethearts Minnie and Shadow. I am a self taught baker/cook. I taught Wilton cake decorating for a while, worked in a grocery store bakery and have even spent time baking wedding/birthday cakes as a hobby on the side. My love for cooking has been since childhood. Spending time with my mother, aunts, and grandmothers. Aiding in their recipes or just being there for the conversation. Its always been a source of calm, peace, and ultimate fulfillment. The idea that you add your love to each recipe and share it with the people you care about is such an amazing blessing to me in more ways then I can ever put on paper. I have decided writing a cookbook was something I could do to share my love of food with family, friends, and whomever else comes my way. I hope your day is blessed with all your favorite things.

This recipe came from a favorite cookie cookbook of mine. Called Incredibly Easy Cookies. It has been changed here and there depending on what ingredients I have on hand. I've used butterscotch with chocolate and even peanut butter chips. Feel free to experiment as I did. They are always a crowd pleaser.

Oatmeal butterscotch cookies
3/4 c. butter or margarine, softened
3/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4c. packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1  c. all purpose flour
1 tsp.  baking soda1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 c. quick cooking or regular rolled oats, uncooked
1 c. (11oz package) Hershey's Butterscotch chips

1 Heat oven to  375

2.Beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs, and vanilla; blend thoroughly. Stir together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips; mix well. Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.

3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Remove to wire rack and  cool completely.


Pin It

1 comment:

Ellen B Cookery said...

Oh my, oatmeal butterscotch cookies...Delicious!