Everyday Mom's Meals: A "Ham of a Sandwich"
_____

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A "Ham of a Sandwich"

This blogging community I am so lucky to be a member of is great for so many things, I could list them for this entire post and still not cover them all. But the one thing it is the greatest at providing me? Great recipes of course! As readers of blogs, you, our audience might not realize we are fans of blogs, just like you! I read food blogs each day like some people read the news. They are my connection to the outside world of the "stay at home mom" blur that can sometimes happen. So while so many of you tell me on a daily basis how you've been inspired by something I've posted, I am usually having the same feeling reading another blogger's recipe! Thus was the case when my sweet foodie friend, Brandie, aka The Country Cook shared her recipe for Ham and Cheese Party Rolls. As soon as I read it, there was a little drool at the sides of my mouth! The two things that immediately caught my attention? The Hawaiian Rolls (Mr. Everyday is a HUGE fan) and the sauce! Oh the sauce! (Just wait, keep reading and you'll understand). Well, I couldn't wait until our next party to try these so I figured add a couple side dishes, and we'll just call them sliders for an easy weeknight supper. My store happened to be out of the Hawaiian rolls, but I found a great substitute that were actually a little bigger, so more room to soak up the sauce! Did I mention the sauce? Rather they are for a party or for a meal, these little gems are 100% delicious. I'm so lucky I have so many foodie friends who inspire me every single day!

Ham and Cheese Sliders
12 ct. package  Hawaiian Rolls
12 slices black forest ham, folded to fit rolls
3 large slices Monterrey Jack cheese, cut in fourths
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
2 TBS brown sugar
1/2 TBS Dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 350. Slice rolls, while still attached, in half, separating tops and bottoms. In a small pot, combine butter, Worcestershire, sugar and mustard. Stir until melted and well combined. Brush glaze mixture on inside of both sides of rolls. Be liberal! Add ham and cheese. Place tops on and brush with remaining glaze. Place in a 9x13 pan, cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Slice and serve.


Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box July 31, 2012
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Aug. 1, 2012 
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Aug. 2, 2012
Shared on The Country Cook Aug. 3, 2012



Inspired by The Country Cook

6 comments:

Ellen B Cookery said...

These look fantastic and I'm sure tasted delicious!

The Country Cook said...

Thank you so much for sharing Krista (and for the shout out!). I just shared with everyone on facebook too! Everyone should try these little beauties!

Anonymous said...

Made these for lunch today, they were a hit

Miz Helen said...

Krista, I just love your Ham and Cheese Sliders, this is a great recipe. Hope you have a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Anonymous said...

I made these for lunch yesterday and they are delicious!

Carole said...

Hi there. This week's Food on Friday is all about ham. So it would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Have a good week.

PS I am following you now. If you like Carole's Chatter it would be great if you followed me back.