Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Nelmarie}
_____

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Nelmarie}

Yay!!! It's finally Saturday! While I am always happy to see another weekend, I will admit, as we quickly approach August, I'm a little sad too. August means back to school, and I'm just not ready for that! What can I say? I love having Monkey home with me every day! (And the sleeping in isn't that bad either!) But I guess we'll just have to fill the next 3 weeks with as much fun as we can!

Today's guest is another dear blogger friend who I'm so excited to have debuting here on EMM. Grab a cup of coffee, and please welcome Nelmarie from The Paper Cup Kitchen...



Hi There Foodies. I am a Stay at home Mom of two, Nicholas- 3 and Allegra – 1,  and married my Prince Charming nearly 7 years ago. Food makes me smile and it makes my heart beat faster. The only place where I know I fit just perfectly, is in the kitchen. My true passion is baking and decorating and I hope that one day I will open up the doors to The PaperCup Tea Garden. I started PaperCup in 2011 whilst we were living in Moscow, Russia. Living the life of an Expat can sometimes get very lonely and the blog has not only brought the whole world into my kitchen, but I have met so many gorgeous Foodie Friends. I am so happy that I have taken the plunge and started this Food Blog Adventure. I am not a brilliant writer, I am not a brilliant cook, I am not a brilliant baker BUT I do invite you into my kitchen….. take your shoes of, relax, have a bite to eat and let's have a chat.  Foodie Love~Nel 

The new favourite in our house....Sticky Chicken with whatever you want to make with it. On this occasion we had it with the herby mushrooms and couscous. 
Very simple to make and oh so good to eat. Nicholas is not a big meat eater, but let me tell you, my little boys' face was covered in sticky sauce...what a treat to see.

Sticky Chicken and Herby Mushrooms with couscous  
Serves: 2-4 (depends if there is little mouths eating with)

For the Chicken:
Ingredients:
½ Tablespoon/7.5ml Oil for frying
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
3 Pimentos (we buy the ones in jars)
1 tablespoon/15ml Balsamic Vinegar
1 tablespoon/15ml Soya Sauce
1 tablespoon/15ml Sesame Oil
2 tablespoons/30ml Honey
3 tablespoons/45ml Water
800g/about 2 lbs. Chicken wings, or any part you want to use
Salt and Black Pepper to taste

Method:
1. Fry the garlic and the pimentos, in a big saucepan,  for about 3 minutes.
2. Add the balsamic vinegar, soya sauce, sesame oil, honey, water and chicken and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook for about 30 minutes, over a low heat, stirring and coating the chicken every 5 minutes.

For the Mushroom:
Ingredients:
1 teaspoon/5ml Oil for frying
1 medium Onion, sliced
¼ Green Pepper, diced
¼ Yellow Pepper, diced
1 clove Garlic, crushed
200g button Mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon/5ml dried Thyme
1 teaspoon/5ml dried Parsley
Salt and Black Pepper to taste

Method:1. Fry the onion, peppers and garlic for about 5 minutes.2. Add the mushrooms and the herbs.3. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 10-15 minutes.

For the Couscous
Ingredients:
1 cup/250ml Couscous
1 ¼ cups just boiled Water
1 Stock Cube of your choice (I use chicken)
1 teaspoon/5ml Butter

Method:
1. Put the couscous in a bowl.
2. Crush the stock cube over the couscous.
3. Cover the couscous with the water and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the butter.


Pin It

1 comment:

Ellen B Cookery said...

This looks so delicious! I love your choice of using couscous! (Great guest post)!