Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Angie}
_____

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Angie}

Happy weekend to you! Are you as happy as I am to see this week done? I think the minute our feet hit Indiana soil I started "running" and I haven't stopped yet. Whew...I need another vacation! (So, Mr. Everyday if you are reading this...another 2 weeks on the beach would be wonderful! Just kidding!!)

Today's guest is now on her 3rd post here on EMM and her recipes are always big hits! Grab a glass of iced tea or if your week was as busy as mine, a margarita (it's 5 o'clock somewhere) and join Angie and I in the kitchen...

My name is Angie Cupp from Northeast Indiana.  I love spending time in the kitchen creating meals and yummy treats for my hubby & children.  Wife to Daron and momma to 3 blessings.  I want to thank Krista for having me on EMM once again!  This recipe is one that I got from a free handout at the store back in the late 1990's.  I love how it is so versatile.  If you prefer chicken over ham, change it.  Cheddar over Swiss, change it. It is just that simple.   I hope you enjoy this yummy favorite of mine!   


Ham & Broccoli Braid
2 1/4 cup (3/4 lb.) Ham, diced
1 cup Broccoli, chopped
1 cup Swiss Cheese, shredded                                
1/2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
1 TBS Honey Mustard
2 (8oz) cans of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 Egg white, beaten
2 TBS Almonds, slivered (optional) 









Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray cookie sheet with Pam.  Unroll the crescent rolls to cover the entire cookie sheet.  Cut 2 inch slits down the side of the cookie sheet. This will be so you can braid the crescent roll once filling is made. Mix together in a bowl the ham, broccoli, cheese, mayo, and mustard.  Once mixed together scoop mixture out and place it lengthwise down crescent roll that is on the cookie sheet.  Braid the crescent roll.  In a small cup beat the egg white and mix in just a tad bit of water to make an egg wash, baste over the raw braided crescent.   Sprinkle almonds over the braid.  Bake at 375 degrees for 28-33 minutes until deep golden brown.




Pin It

1 comment:

Ellen B Cookery said...

YUM! I love the filling!