Everyday Mom's Meals: Birthday Treat
_____

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Birthday Treat

As some of you know, this past weekend we celebrated Mr. Everyday's 38th birthday! It was so nice having his special day on a Saturday because I can't remember the last time he actually had his birthday as a "day off". We started celebrating Friday with a trip to Chicago with our aunt and uncle for a tour of Wrigley Field and some fun shopping. It was a great kick off to Adam's birthday weekend and so many wonderful memories were made. When Saturday came I wanted to make sure the fun continued, and of course that had to include food! Since I knew we would be celebrating on Sunday with his parents, and his mom would have a birthday cake for him, I decided to surprise him with a new version of his favorite pie on the face of this earth...raspberry! From the time we began dating, I knew one way to Adam's heart was through his stomach and raspberry pie. Last year was actually the first time in all these years I attempted to make him one, and it actually turned out pretty well for my first try. After all, it didn't even have to look the best, as long as it taste good, and he said it did! So this year, I wanted to take the filling I made for that pie and use it in a different way, and give him something new. These are very simple to make, and end up looking too cute! Plus the little something extra in the cream topping will appeal to any raspberry lover! I love my husband, and I enjoy being able to treat him whenever I can because he spoils me every day of my life!

Mini Raspberry Cream Pies
6 individual graham cracker pie shells
1 c. Cool Whip
4 TBS raspberry preserves
2/3 c. sugar
2 TBS cornstarch
1 tsp lemon juice
2 c. raspberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 c. water
In a small bowl combine Cool Whip and raspberry preserves. Set aside. In a medium sauce pan combine raspberries, sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Allow to cool. Fill each pie shell with about 1/4-1/3 c. pie filling. Top with raspberry cream and a small dollop of the raspberry filling. Chill for 2 hours before serving.



 Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage July 26, 2012
Shared on The Country Cook July 27, 2012
Shared on Addicted to Recipes July 29, 2012 
 
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes


Raspberries at Very Good Recipes

7 comments:

Miz Helen said...

I would just love this for my Birthday treat, it looks delicious. Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Carolina HeartStrings said...

These look fantastic. Great job!

Ellen B Cookery said...

Oh my these look delicious!

Deb A said...

Looks deelish - over here from Miz Helen!

The Better Baker said...

Hey - can you come over for my birthday? It's Nov. 19th. =) I don't think we live VERY far away from each other! ;-} This would be sooo perfect for any occasion...oh how I love me some raspberry anything. Thanks for linking up at Weekend Potluck.

Jaime said...

I love this idea! So simple but yet I they look like they took all day to make! And I love that you can swap out ingredients with other preserves and fruit!

I'd love to invite you to share this recipe at my link party ~ Mom's Test Meal Mondays!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Addicted to Recipes said...

So excited to let you know that I'm featuring your recipe today! Pop on over! http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/08/scrumptious-sunday-22-features.html