Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Kristi}
_____

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Kristi}

Good Morning and Happy Saturday. I hope this week was kind to you and your weekend plans include some rest, relaxation, and even some autumn fun! Oh and maybe yummy food too!

My guest today is a fellow blogger who always has something delicious cooking in her kitchen. So please welcome back to Kristi to EMM...



Hi everyone!  My name is Kristi and I’m the author of Kristi’s Recipe Box.  I just finished up my first year of blogging and I’m looking forward to another great year.  I was a teacher for fifteen years and now I am currently a stay at home mom.  I live in central Illinois with my husband Danny and our two children.  My daughter Madelyn just turned two this summer and we welcomed a son to our family in May.  Morgan is now nearing 5 months old!  Where does the time go?  
The recipe I’m going to share with you today is one I started making this summer.  I’ve been working so hard to shed some baby weight and was looking for a quick, healthy breakfast that was relatively low in carbs.  This was a marriage of two recipes- one I’d tried several years ago and another that was shared with me by a friend!  I shared this with KRB readers this summer and have been making them weekly since.  These are great fresh out of the oven or reheated from the fridge or freezer!  I typically leave a couple of days’ worth of cups in the fridge and put the rest in the freezer in Zip-loc bags.  From the fridge, I heat for about 30 seconds in the microwave.  From the freezer, it takes a minute.  Such a quick and healthy breakfast for busy mornings!  I hope you enjoy these as much as I have!



Quiche Cups

  • 1 cup frozen onion seasoning blend (This is found with the frozen vegetables and consists of onion, celery, red pepper and parsley)
  • 1 T. butter
  • 4 slices deli ham, chopped
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/2 t. Italian seasoning
  • black pepper to taste
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese

Cook onion blend in butter in skillet over medium heat until onions are tender.  Add in ham and cook another minute.  Cool mixture for 5-10 minutes.  In the meantime, preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and mozzarella cheese.  Add in ham/onion mixture and stir until combined.  Ladle 1/8 cup of mixture into each cup of a prepared standard 12-cup muffin tin.  I usually have a little mixture left so I just distribute it evenly among the cups.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until eggs are set.  Cool completely before storing.


Freeze in zip-loc bags.  Reheat for about 60 seconds in microwave.





Thanks to Krista for allowing me to share a favorite recipe with you today!  Hope you’ll stop by and visit me at www.kristisrecipebox.blogspot.com.


Pin It

No comments: