Everyday Mom's Meals: Last Minute Dessert
_____

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Last Minute Dessert

So a couple weeks back I was making dinner to take to a friend recovering from surgery. On the menu? My Baked Ziti and Easy Caesar Salad. So I'm standing in my kitchen cooking away and it dawns on me, "Hey moron, what are you making for dessert?" How in the world did I not think about dessert? Now I will be very honest, this all took place on the Friday of the first week back to school, and my brain was pretty much mush by then, but I had shopped the week before, so what was my excuse then? Either way I needed some inspiration and fast! So off to the cupboards and fridge I went. Can I just say I was very lucky that I found something I could whip together pretty fast! Whew... So here is an incredibly simple dessert with only 3 ingredients! Doesn't get much easier than that! You could totally change up the flavor depending on what kind of pie filling you had. Although let me suggest no apple, and if you use a berry one, mash up the chunks a little for a smoother consistency. The zest in this one really brightens up the flavor and makes it taste refreshing. I guess even the most organized gals can slip up once and again, but thankfully my slip up still turned into something yummy!

Easy Lemon Mousse
1 (21oz) can lemon pie filling
1 (8oz) tub Cool Whip
2 tsp grated lemon zest, plus extra for garnish
Lemon slices for garnish

In a large bowl combine pie filling and Cool Whip. Stir or whisk well to combine. Stir in lemon zest. Chill for 2 hours. Garnish w/ extra zest and lemon slices.




Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Sept. 4, 2012
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Sept. 5, 2012
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Sept. 6, 2012
Shared on The Country Cook Sept. 7, 2012

2 comments:

ealldredge5 said...

I love lemons and this looks like such and easy way to enjoy it. I'd love it if you stopped by my link party to share. http://acraftycook.blogspot.com/2012/09/1-month-of-fun-september-link-party.html

Miz Helen said...

Krista,
This is a great recipe for a very good dessert. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen