Everyday Mom's Meals: Just Around The Corner
_____

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Just Around The Corner

Yes, that's right folks, even though most of us are still enjoying summer like temperatures, and probably will be for the next couple weeks, autumn is just around the corner. And I can't help it, when I flip the calendar to September, I start to think of autumn recipes and everything apple and pumpkin. It can still be 80 degrees outside, but my mind is going down the fall path. For those closest to me, this shouldn't come as a surprise. After all, our house is the one that is decorated for Halloween by the 2nd week of September because Monkey loves to have it done for his birthday on the 16th; and most years I am putting everything up in the sun and heat. But that is okay with me. The warmer the better, and I don't need cooler temps to get my taste buds ready. I can eat pumpkin pie in a bikini if I have to. Okay, maybe not a bikini...but shorts at least. This is another one of those dishes like my Strawberry Cream Salad and Pistachio Salad that can be used for either side dishes or desserts. For this one, I tend to think of it more as a dessert. Why? I have no idea because it's a close cousin to the Pistachio and I use that as a side dish. I guess it just depends on the mood I'm in. But the great thing about this one is the use of apples. Apples seem to be the thing that we all have so many of during the fall months and can always appreciate a new use for. I'll be honest though, the thing that first caught my attention with this was the butterscotch, because it has always been my favorite flavor of pudding, and I can't get enough. If you are looking forward to fall, or like me are just craving the foods it brings, this yummy dessert will definitely satisfy it!

Butterscotch Apple Delight From Recipezaar.com
1 (8oz) tub Cool Whip, thawed
1 (20oz) crushed pineapple, with juice
1 (3oz) box instant butterscotch pudding
1/2 c. chopped walnuts, reserve a few for garnish
3 large Gala apples, chopped

In a large bowl combine Cool Whip with DRY pudding mix. Stir in crushed pineapple. Fold in apples and walnuts. Chill for several hours to set. Garnish with reserved walnuts.


Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Sept. 6, 2012
Shared on Gooseberry Patch Sept. 6, 2012
Shared on The Country Cook Sept. 7, 2012

Apples at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

2 comments:

Miz Helen said...

Krista,
My husband will just love this recipe with the pineapple, it looks really good. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

The Better Baker said...

Oh yeh! This is one of my favorite dishes...one I CAN.NOT leave alone, especially when I first make it. Mine is called a caramel apple salad...different names, but same great taste! Thanks so much for linking up at Weekend Potluck!