Everyday Mom's Meals: Uh-Oh
_____

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Uh-Oh

So the German Potato Salad turned out great, but not b/c I followed the recipe I posted earlier. It was a complete DISASTER!!!! It was awful, and if it wasn't for the internet and quick fixes, the whole thing would have been in the trash! But thankfully I did find this recipe, combined parts w/ what I had already done and was able to save it. Needless to say, the next time this is the recipe I will be following 100%. If anyone tried the earlier one, I apologize. I am hoping I am warning you before it's too late :-)

German Potato Salad
4 medium-large potatoes boiled, peeled and sliced
5 slices of bacon, diced
1 cup chopped onion
salt and pepper to taste

Dressing:
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
*NOTE* I didn't think this was enough dressing for the amount of potatoes I had so I doubled it

Fry the diced bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often until almost crisp. Add chopped onion and continue stirring until onion is cooked and turns slightly golden brown. Add mixed dressing ingredients, heat and stir until mixture boils and sugar is dissolved. Add sliced potatoes, mixing everything together well. Season w/ salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, for at least 10 minutes, or until the potatoes have absorbed all the liquid and are heated through. Continue heating and turning the mixture over for another 5-10 minutes. May allow to stand for additional 10-15 minutes to let flavors blend. If make ahead, reheat in microwave.

No comments: