Everyday Mom's Meals: More Chicken
_____

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

More Chicken

This recipe comes to me from my cousin Jill, but she can't take all the credit for it:) It is originally one of our "Grammy's" and apparently one that was very popular w/ our family! The funny thing is that I don't ever remember her making it; but my guess is that since we were mostly home for Thanksgiving or Christmas, we were too busy eating turkey, and left over turkey for her to make this! And of course I'm excited to have another chicken dinner in my recipe box. I will say while the recipe calls for chicken breasts, I will be using boneless skinless chicken thighs, b/c they were on sale at the grocery this week. I really hope Adam and Alex enjoy this one b/c it could very easily become one of my "go-to" dinners!

Chicken On Rice
1 1/2 cups instant rice (uncooked)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1/2 cup diced onions
Salt and pepper to taste
4-6 Boneless chicken breasts ( I used a package of chicken tenders)
Garlic salt/powder- I will be using powder
1 stick margarine, metled
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice

Mix the rice, onions, soup, and salt/pepper together and pour into a 9x13 pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Top with 4-6 boneless chicken breasts. Sprinkle with garlic. Combine margarine, sugar and lemon juice. Pour over chicken and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hrs-2 hours. Serve chicken and rice separate.








Short Grain White Rice on Foodista

4 comments:

Krista said...

Delicious!!!! All 3 of us really liked it. The boys even asked for it left over this weekend.

Colleen said...

A similar dish has been popular in my house for a long time. We never had the topping though... we always stopped at the "sprinkle with garlic" point. I can't wait to add this next time and taste the difference. :) Thanks!

Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

That certainly would become a "go to meal" in this house.

Anonymous said...

I remember SIL making this like 30 yrs ago, was so delisious asked 4 recipe, later MIL, said i think she add's brown sugar on top, never made this, lost recipe, but have wanted to make this so many time's, glad you posted today, now will be able to after all these yr's.. i'm trying ur way & maybe a little brown sugar on 1 piece of chicken just to see, MIL never liked to give recipe's out..