Everyday Mom's Meals: I've Looked and Looked
_____

Monday, January 24, 2011

I've Looked and Looked

I was 100% sure that tonight's supper was a recipe I had already shared on this blog, but after searching the archive for the past 15 minutes, I can't find it. So, I'm going ahead w/ posting it, and if it is a repeat, I apologize. Mac and cheese is a comfort food that I think 99% of the population enjoys and w/ there being hundreds of varieties there is always a new one to try. If memory serves me right (and today I don't know if it will) I got this recipe from the internet while trying to find a new variation. It's a nice compromise for Adam b/c he likes homemade mac and cheese, but likes it creamy; and sometimes the baked kinds can get a little dried out. Why it is called "southern" I'm not sure, the only thing I can think is b/c of the sour cream and the little "tang" it gives it--whatever the reason, it's comfort food at it's best.

Southern Mac and Cheese
16 oz. elbow macaroni ( I am using medium shells b/c I had them on hand)
16 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded
16 oz. sour cream
1 can cheddar cheese soup

Preheat oven to 350º. Cook macaroni and drain. Mix cheese, sour cream and soup in a bowl. Mix macaroni into cheese mixture. Spread into 9x13 pan and bake @ 350º for 30-35 minutes.
elbow macaroni on Foodistaelbow macaroni

No comments: