Everyday Mom's Meals: Awesome, But Messy
_____

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Awesome, But Messy

So, that is how the Greek Burgers from last night turned out. The flavor was exactly what I was looking for--so much like a Gyro I couldn't be happier--but they were awkward to eat. The sauce caused the bun to get soggy and kind of fall apart. Not that big of a deal, I know, but it got me thinking, what could I do to adapt the recipe to get the same flavor profiles, but not having cucumber dressing running down my arm. So, this is what I've come up w/ and the next time we'll see how it goes!

Greek Pita Pockets (adapted from Greek Style Burgers 01-14-11)
2 lbs. ground beef
salt and pepper, or an all purpose seasoning
Pita pockets
Cucumber Ranch Dressing
Feta Cheese
Sliced Tomato
Sliced White Onion

Instead of making hamburger patties, brown hamburger in a skillet and drain fat. Add seasonings. Let cook about 5 minutes for flavors to develop. Place burger in pita pockets and top w/ tomato, onion and sauce.

No comments: