Everyday Mom's Meals: Guilt Free Kid Food
_____

Friday, January 7, 2011

Guilt Free Kid Food

How many times a week does your child ask for chicken nuggets? I know I am lucky that Alex will eat such a wide variety of foods, including ones that other kids would definitely turn their noses up at. But I also understand those moms out there that struggle w/ their kids every day to eat something other than chicken nuggets, hot dogs and pizza. So yesterday when I was prepping our Chicken Pot Pie supper I realized I was making something kids would love, and moms could feel a little better about giving them. Instead of processed, breaded, and fried chicken nuggets or tenders, how about fresh, roasted ones? It's how I prepare the chicken to use in our pot pie and I think a lot of kids would love its simplicity, but it is also a basic idea that you could add flavors to depending on your child's palette. Want a little spice? Add some chili powder. Want some Spanish flare? Sprinkle w/ paprika. Love garlic? Add freshly minced or some garlic powder. The choices are endless once the foundation is learned!

Roasted Chicken Tenders
1 package chicken tenders
olive oil
salt and pepper

Place chicken on a baking sheet. Drizzle liberally w/ olive oil and sprinkle w/ salt, pepper and other seasonings if desired. Mix well w/ hands making sure all chicken is coated. Bake in 400ยบ oven for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Krista said...

I also do this but for the last 10 minutes baste w/ BBQ sauce and it turns out delicious and moist!