Everyday Mom's Meals: A New Twist On An Old Favorite
_____

Thursday, January 27, 2011

A New Twist On An Old Favorite

I've shared my recipe for Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup (October 7, 2010) and I know a few out there love it as much as we do. This is a new way of doing the chicken for that soup, and really any time a recipe calls for precooked chicken. My cousin told me when she makes this soup, she does the chicken this way and it's amazing; and I believe her b/c I've seen Ina Garten do the same thing for chicken pot pie, which is how I now do it for my chicken pot pie too. So even if the soup isn't interesting to you, maybe the method will be for other recipes. After all, we learns something new every day!!

Roast Chicken (for use in other recipes)
 2-4 whole chicken breasts (with bone and skin) depending on how much chicken you need
kosher salt
pepper
olive oil

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet and rub them with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then remove the meat from the bones and discard the skin.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

A friend of mine recently returned to work after being a stay-at-home mom for a couple of years. She was looking for ways to make dinner prep time easier for herself when she gets home. So she started roasting chicken when she brings it home from the store, shredds it and freezes it in 2-4 cup portions since that's what most recipes seem to call for. I thought it was a great time saving tip!

Krista said...

That is a great tip. Hmmmmm......Thanks for sharing