Everyday Mom's Meals: Qdoba At Home
_____

Monday, June 18, 2012

Qdoba At Home

It wasn't that long ago that I had no idea a restaurant by the name of Qdoba Mexican Grill even existed. That is so funny to me because it has quickly become a staple in our diets! Now to be honest one reason why we have become "regulars" there is because we won FREE burritos for a year!!! So obviously we aren't going to waste free food! But even if we did have to pay, I would still be a huge fan. Their Mexican food is some of the best I've had, especially for "fast food." It is super fresh and the quality of ingredients is very evident. Each of the three of us has our favorites, but the one thing we agree on is their Cilantro Lime Rice. I will be perfectly honest, I've never been a huge fan of it, but I fell in love with theirs, especially when it is used in their famous burritos. And as far as my "boys" are concerned they could eat buckets full of the stuff! So of course I had to try to recreate this yummy rice at home, and I did pretty well if I do say so myself! This is a great light, fresh side dish for any Mexican meal. I guess it's a good thing I can make it at home now since those free burritos can't last forever!

Cilantro Lime Rice From Allrecipes
1 TBS butter
2 c. water
1 c. long grain white rice
2 TBS fresh lime juice (2 limes)
1 tsp. grated lime zest
1/2 c. chopped cilantro, extra for garnish
Salt to taste

In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil. Add butter, rice and stir. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add lime juice, zest and cilantro. Season with salt if desired. Garnish with extra cilantro.


Shared on Make Ahead Meals June 18, 2012
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box June 19, 2012 
Shared on The Country Cook June 22, 2012

No comments: