Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Angie}
_____

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Angie}

Whew....we finally made it. Yep, the school year is over and we're into our first weekend of summer! I think I was just as excited to see it come to an end as Alex was. It was just time, you know what I mean?? So, we are in full "fun in the sun" mode at our house. However you are spending this weekend, I hope you enjoy every minute, and I thank you for taking a few minutes to include EMM in your day!

I love when fans contribute to EMM. And when those fans are kind enough to come back to visit again, I get a warm fuzzy feelings. I am always honored when people take time to share something from their home and family with me, and all of you! So grab a tall glass of iced tea, or a cup of hot coffee and join Angie in my kitchen~

Hi EMM Fans!  I am Angie Cupp from Northern Indiana!  I have been blessed to be featured on EMM in the past.  I hope you have all had a great week and are ready to relax.  I have been challenged to use some different "old" recipes  recently due to my oven deciding it was time for it's departure.  Of course, I went straight to my recipe box and dug out some recipes from my childhood.  This is a quick, simple and tasty Twist on Chili!  I hope you enjoy!  This recipe is one that the whole family will love and leave the dish empty!

 A Twist On Chili 
1lb Ground Chuck
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup water
1 can tomato soup
1 can corn (drained)
1 tsp chili powder (I use a tad more to spice it up a bit)
2 cups uncooked noodles (I use Mueller's medium noodles)

Brown ground chuck and drain.  Add all ingredients to a microwavable casserole dish.  Stir together and cover.  Cook in microwave for 14-18 minutes or until noodles are tender.  Stir once during cooking time.


Pin It

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Hi Angie! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your recipe!! It really does look good. I had a recipe years ago that used noodles and was cooked in the microwave. I remember how amazed I was that the noodles got done. LOL

I hope you get your stove replaced soon!! I had to replace mine just a few months ago.

Thanks again for sharing your recipe! :)