Everyday Mom's Meals: Taekwondo Night Treat
_____

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Taekwondo Night Treat

As most of you know, I'm a Taekwondo mom. Actually, I'm a TKD mom and wife. Both Adam and Alex participate in the sport, and love each and every minute! Currently Alex is training for a big competition coming up, and therefore, has extra nights of intense work-outs. Fridays are usually an "optional" day for us, sometimes they go, sometimes they take it off, but in the weeks leading up to a competition, they became mandatory. On this Friday night, they were going to be having pizza upon coming home, and I wanted to give them an extra special treat to have afterwards. I hadn't decided on anything when I remembered the 5 dozen mini chocolate chips cookies a friend had just given us.!!! And oh my gosh, she makes the best ever! But that is a lot of cookies, even for us, so I figured why not do something with them to make them into something even more fun? These would be great for a kid's birthday party or pool party this summer. Nothing says fun like cookies and ice cream! And you could do so many different kinds, letting the kids choose their favorites! My boys really liked their yummy surprise and I hope your family does too!

Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vanilla Ice Cream
Assorted Sprinkles

Allow ice cream to soften a little. Spoon about a 2 tablespoons of ice cream onto one cookie. Top with another and push down to adhere. Using a butter knife, remove excess from side and smooth out. Put sprinkles on paper plates. Turn each "sandwich" on it's side and roll in sprinkles, allowing them to stick to the ice cream. Place in the freezer to harden for about an hour.

~Join me for Tasty Tuesday on Formula Mom~

Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box June 12, 2012
Shared on Chef in Training June 12, 2012 
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain June 13, 2012 
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage June 14, 2012 
Shared on The Country Cook June 15, 2012
Dessert at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

6 comments:

Dana said...

Krista, I love all your stuff so much. You are an inspiration to me. I'm passing on the Sunshine Award to you. Thanks for all you do!!

http://krilerby.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunshine-award.html

Krista said...

OMGosh!!! Thanks SO much!!! You totally made my day :)

Lois Christensen said...

They look really easy!!! Our son just completed his black belt test last week. It was an exciting night! Enjoy your day!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Krista,
I just love a great Ice Cream Sandwich and these look so good. Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

carolinaheartstrings said...

These treats look fantastic. Great job! Come and visit us this week. We have some really tasty treats to share.

The Better Baker said...

Oh how I love simple and easy...and let's don't forget...delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at Weekend Potluck. These are just great!