Everyday Mom's Meals: Neighborly Treat
_____

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Neighborly Treat

Over the past year we have gotten to be very close friends with a family just a few doors down from us. I've told you about them before. They are the ones I made the Quick Bread & Butter Pickles for back at Christmas; and I shared her recipe for amazing Carrot Spice Cake with you too. Our families do a lot together- play baseball, trips to the park, walk the kids home from school, but what we do the most? Make treats and share! She's always bringing us some of her Chocolate Chip Cookies (or as I call them--crack!) and I've been known to share extra Coney Sauce with her, and use her kids as guinea pigs when I new treats to blog about! This time however, it wasn't either of us moms who were whipping up a yummy sweet to share. It was her oldest daughter who wanted to get into the kitchen, and then was kind enough to bring us some too. She had recently gotten a new kids cookbook from the Book Fair at school and is determined to "spend the summer baking." While this concoction wasn't baking, it was still cooking and she couldn't have been happier! And when she found out my boys are raspberry fools, she was more than excited to see what they thought. I had to let her mom know she got a resounding "YUM" and 4 thumbs up! They loved every sip, and requested I make them too...and soon. So here is my take on what she brought us. Plus if that 7 year old can make it, I'm betting lots of kids would love to get into the kitchen and try it too! A great treat to cool down with this summer, and one you can even share with friends and neighbors if you like!

Raspberry Chocolate Milkshake From Disney Princess Cupcakes and More

1 c. frozen raspberries
2/3 c. milk
1 c. vanilla ice cream
2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
Chocolate syrup, if desired

In a blender, combine raspberries and milk. Add ice cream and cocoa powder and blend again until smooth. Drizzle w/ chocolate syrup if desired.


Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box June 19, 2012
Dessert at Very Good Recipes
Pin It