Everyday Mom's Meals: 10 Pounds of Berries Equal...
_____

Friday, June 8, 2012

10 Pounds of Berries Equal...

Yesterday I shared with you the very busy, and super fun day Monkey and I had Memorial Day weekend. Well, when your little man picks 10 pounds of strawberries, it's a Mommy's job to find something to make with them! Don't get me wrong, for us, snacking on them is the #1 priority. I wash them, dry them and put them in a huge bowl in the fridge and we just eat them as is. But no matter how many we eat, or how fast, I never want to take the chance of them going bad before we can eat them all. Monkey's hard work can't go to waste. Last year when we picked is when I debuted my mom's Strawberry Shortcake here on EMM; and it will always be my favorite thing to make with fresh picked berries. But this year I wanted something a little different, a little new. This dessert can be made in almost no time at all. The most time consuming part you'll have is slicing the berries! I made it in the morning and let it completely cool for serving with supper, but I'm sure it would be amazing served warm too! It just looks like summer to me; and I'm happy to have another berry recipe in my arsenal, because as he gets bigger, that 10 pounds of berries is only going to multiply!!

Strawberry Cobbler 
1 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 egg, beaten
4 TBS butter, diced
4 c. sliced strawberries

Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 8x8 inch baking pan w/ cooking spray. Spread berries evenly on bottom of pan. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients. Mix well. Add egg, and with fork mix until crumbly. Pour on berries and spread into even layer. Dot w/ diced butter. Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden on top and berries are bubbling. Cool slightly before serving. Serve w/ whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.



Shared on The Country Cook June 8, 2012
Shared on Sweet as Sugar Cookies June 9, 2012 
Shared on Six Sisters' Stuff June 9, 2012 
Shared on Make Ahead Meals June 11, 2012 
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box June 12, 2012 
Shared on Chef in Training June 12, 2012 
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain June 13, 2012 
Shared on Gooseberry Patch June 13, 2012 
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage June 14, 2012

7 comments:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

delicious start... but that still is a LOT of berries... looking ofrward to teh next use

Dave

Krista said...

Well, I did use the smaller ones for this recipe, so it took a little extra. Some went in the Key Lime Fruit Salad I shared earlier this week, and for the rest? Well, we're still snacking on them!

Winnie said...

I LOVE this recipe, it looks so good!

Six Sisters said...

YUMMM! These look so yummy! Thanks for linking up with us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you next week! -The Sisters

laura said...

Seen it today and had to make it. This is a super fantastic and easy recipe. Thanks!

Beverley Williams said...

I have a question: I am allergic to strawberries. Do you think this recipe would work for raspberries, blueberries and/or blackberries?

Krista said...

It sure does. And here is the proof. Easy Blackberry Cobbler :) http://everydaymomsmeals.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-very-first.html