Everyday Mom's Meals: If Life Hands You Lemons
_____

Thursday, June 21, 2012

If Life Hands You Lemons

Yes, you could make lemonade. Have a glass and cool off! Or, you could make this dessert. Actually you don't even need to wait for the lemons. Canned pie filling makes this so easy and quick you can have a beautiful, elegant dessert any night of the week. You could even entertain with this dessert. Did the hubby just call saying he invited his boss over for dinner? With this in your back pocket, no need to worry. I love everything lemon, I make no secret of it. But I especially love it during the hot months. (Yes, I'm the girl who goes to a fair and seeks out the Lemonade Shake Up booth before anything else) It's just one of those flavors that cools me off, refreshes me and makes me feel like I'm on vacation, even when I'm not! Kids will love these too because they are just their size! A big tray of these beside an opened pool says party to me! Stay cool this summer, and grab a glass of lemonade to wash down these delights!

Mini Lemon Tarts
Makes 6 tarts
1 (21oz) can lemon pie filling
8 oz. tub Cool Whip
Mini Graham Cracker Pie Shells (I found mine next to all the pie shells in the baking aisle)
Grated Lemon Zest, for garnish

In a medium bowl, combine pie filling and 3/4 of the tub of Cool Whip. Whisk with a wire whisk until well combined. Divide mixture equally into mini shells. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until serving. Top each with remaining Cool Whip. Sprinkle with lemon zest.




Shared on The Country Cook June 22, 2012

3 comments:

Dana said...

I just can't help myself. But, when it comes to nominating for awards you are alway on my list! I love this new recipe. YUMMY!!

Thanks Krista! To view the award: http://tinyurl.com/8yg4c6f

Carolina HeartStrings said...

I will take the dessert please! Looks fantastic. Come and visit us on Friday. We are having a great giveaway. Flip flops that you will love.

Tabitha (a.k.a. Penny) said...

Now my mouth is watering. I love lemon pies in the summer. Add a glass of strawberry tea... Divine. Thanks so much for linking this up at Weekend Potluck. I pinning. :)