Everyday Mom's Meals: Good-Bye First Grade
_____

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Good-Bye First Grade

Back in August I had a very special Guest Blogger share a great recipe for Lemon Fruit Salad with you. That Guest Blogger? Why it was Monkey, of course, to celebrate his 1st day of 1st grade. Well, 180 days of school have passed, and my little man is now going to be a 2nd grader. That's right, today is the last day of school, and we couldn't be happier to finally see summer vacation! As far as him officially being in 2nd grade, well, I'm just going to ignore that until August~ denial is a wonderful thing.

So I thought having him back to share yet another yummy fruit salad recipe would be an awesome way to book-end the school year. Even though he reads at a 4th grade level, writes 10 page long stories, can do math that most kids his age can't touch, he is still my baby who loves to be in the kitchen with Mommy helping and making things he can call all his own!

You've grown up so much this year Monkey, and Daddy and I couldn't be more proud of what you've accomplished and the little person you are growing into each and every day. I love you!

Hi everyone! I am really excited to share this yummy recipe with you today. I think it's perfect for summer lunches, or even breakfasts. I love having fruit for breakfast when it's warm outside. Mommy and I go on picnics a lot too, and I want to take this on those too. If you have kids, they will really like the flavors and being able to help make it too! They can help layer the fruit, add the coconut and pour on the yogurt. If you have plastic knives they can even help slice some of the fruit. I hope you enjoy my recipe and have a wonderful summer! 

Key Lime Fruit Salad Adapted from Kraft
1 c. pineapple chunks, drained
3/4 c. fresh blueberries
1 c. fresh strawberries, sliced                                           
1 banana sliced
1 (6oz) container key lime yogurt
2 TBS key lime juice
1/2 c. sweetened coconut

In a small bowl combine banana slices and key lime juice. Set aside. In a large bowl layer fruit: pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, bananas. Pour yogurt over top of fruit. Sprinkle with 
coconut. 
Layering the fruit.
Adding yogurt.
Sprinkling with coconut.

Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box June 5, 2012
Shared on Chef in Training June 5, 2012 
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain June 6, 2012 
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage June 7, 2012 
Shared on The Country Cook June 8, 2012

Fruit at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

2 comments:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

Well Hey Monkey!!! Terrific guest post and you will LOVE second grade. I remember learning about the states individually in second grade. Lots of reading headed your way!

And GREAT post. I especially love the coocnut addition. It's the little extras that make this terrific!

Dave

Colleen said...

Thanks for the great recipe, Monkey!! And congrats on completing the first grade!!

Your recipe sounds delicious and I can't wait to make it. I may have to run to the store today! ;)

Have a great summer!!

Colleen