Everyday Mom's Meals: Guilty Pleasure At Home
_____

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Guilty Pleasure At Home

Each one of us has that one fast food joint we just can't break away from. (Okay, maybe not all of us. So if you're reading this and you don't, I apologize!) No matter how many times we tell ourselves the food isn't good for us, and we shouldn't be eating it, sometimes our cravings take over and we can't deny ourselves a guilty pleasure. I think we all deserve to be naughty in the food department now and again. For me, that one place I will never be able to tear myself away from is McDonald's. I'm sorry, sometimes nothing on this earth tastes as good as a good ole' McDonald's hamburger and fries. And if I really want to spoil myself...a Big Mac! Oh how it's layers of yumminess call out to me and beg for me to partake. So I figured why not try to find the recipe for the "secret" sauce and make them at home. Let's face it, the rest of the burger is no mystery, but that sauce...Oh the sauce! Well, evidently I'm not the first person to want this because it was super easy to find with a Google search. Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipes is full of restaurant treats he has recreated for the home cook. (Seriously, his site is a wealth of information!!) Well Mr. Wilburn, you came pretty darn close! Biting into this I closed my eyes and I was under those golden arches. I'm so excited to be able to enjoy these any time I want now, with just a little less guilt! So go ahead, you enjoy your guilty pleasure too! I won't tell and I certainly won't judge!

Homemade "Big Macs" 
Makes 4 Burgers
1 3/4 lb. ground beef
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 large hamburger buns
1 c. shredded lettuce
4 slices American Cheese
1 medium white onion, finely minced
1/2 c. mayo
2 TBS French dressing
4 tsp. sweet relish
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt

In a medium bowl combine mayo, French dressing, relish, vinegar, sugar, salt and 1 TBS minced onion. Stir well to combine. Chill until ready to use. Form the ground beef into 4 equal patties. Season with salt pepper. Prepare your favorite way.  (We like ours grilled). When almost done cooking, add one slice of cheese to each and allow to melt. On each half of each bun, liberally spread sauce. Add 1 TBS of minced onion to each bottom half. Place burgers on bottom halves of buns. On top half, add 1/4 c. shredded lettuce to each. Press down gently so it "sticks" to the sauce. Add top bun to burger and enjoy.


Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain June 27, 2012
Shared on The Country Cook June 29, 2012


Ground Beef at Very Good Recipes

1 comment:

cupsbykim said...

Yum! I too have the same guilty pleasure, and now...I'm craving it! Thanks for sharing!!