Everyday Mom's Meals: In A Hurry
_____

Thursday, June 14, 2012

In A Hurry

Many of you have inquired as to how I meal plan. I won't go into it all over again for those of you who have heard it numerous times (But if you haven't and would like some tips, feel free to comment here or email me with your questions.) But I will share one of the things I look at most when sitting down with an empty food week in front of me. Our schedule. Like so many families today it seems we are going in a hundred different directions, each and every day. And as the days get longer and the nights get warmer, we are packing more and more into each and every single day. So I when I am deciding what meals to have, I also decide what day to have them on. I know on TKD nights, which right now at least 1/3 of my family is there 5 nights of the week, I need to have something either prepared ahead, quick to throw together, and it has to be reheated easily since Adam usually eats afterwards. Well, that wasn't so bad when it was only 2 nights per week, but when we're talking every night...let's just say it can get tricky. Not to mention I have to take into account if I'm going to be home that day to put something in the oven early, or do some of the prep work on a larger meal, or be so dang tired I'm not going to feel like doing much of anything. That was the case when this recipe came to be. I had made my menu and knew on the night when we were having Pulled Pork Sammies and Mac n Cheese (both store bought...I won't even lie) I was going to be gone most of the day, and probably be absolutely beat when it came to be supper time. Hence taking so much help from the store on this particular evening. But since I was taking so much assistance I wanted to make sure I included something fresh too, as long as it wasn't too time consuming. This is another "add what you want" salads you can really alter to your tastes. It  is fresh, light and would be perfect for an outdoor activity since there is no mayo or dairy! We are all in such a hurry with life passing us at the speed of light, the least we deserve is something yummy to eat on the way!

Quick Tomato and Olive Salad
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 c. green olives. sliced
1/4 c. kalamata olives, sliced
3 TBS capers
1/2-3/4 c. Italian dressing
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 TBS dried parsley, extra for garnish

In a medium bowl combine all ingredients except dressing. Pour dressing over until desired "wetness". I like mine with extra dressing for absorbing. Cover and chill until serving, at least 2 hours. Garnish w/ parsley before serving. Serve with slotted spoon.


Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage June 14, 2012
Shared on The Country Cook June 15, 2012
Salad at Very Good Recipes

4 comments:

Miz Helen said...

Krista, this would be a great salad for us to try with all the fresh tomatoes from our garden. Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Deb A said...

Saw your dish at Miz Helen's - I love tomatoes and olives!

CEK said...

This is right up my alley Krista and a gorgeous picture too! Have a good weekend and Happy Father's Day to the Mr.

Krista said...

Thanks so much, Carrie~