Everyday Mom's Meals: Salad Inspiration
_____

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Salad Inspiration

Sometimes the greatest ideas come by just hearing a tidbit of an idea, especially in the kitchen. All I need is to hear of something that sounds tasty, and more than likely, I will find a way to make it. hence was the case with this salad. I have no idea what the original tastes like. Never had it. I only know what it contains because I looked it up to see if I was on the right track. See, I recently saw a commercial for Wendy's new Berry Almond Chicken Salad. Four little words...and I was totally inspired. I guess they aren't just four little words. They are four SUPER yummy words! It was pretty clear what the salad contained, but I did check out the description online to make sure there weren't any surprises they tried to sneak in. This is so fresh, light and the perfect summer lunch or supper. Plus, it's especially convenient if you can find the already grilled chicken strips like I used. (I found mine in the meat case) It's also the type of salad you can add or subtract from to truly make it your own. Like raspberries? Add them! Blackberries? Yum! Have spinach instead of field greens? Perfect. Let your imagination and taste buds be your guide!

Berry Almond Chicken Salad Adapted from Wendy's 
Makes 2 dinner sized salads
1 bag field greens lettuce, washed and drained
1 c. blueberries
1 c. sliced strawberries
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. sliced almonds
2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
2 c. grilled chicken, chopped into bite sized pieces (about 2 small boneless breasts)- I used precooked packaged ones

For Dressing: From Food Network

1/2 c. raspberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, thawed)
1/4 c. olive oil
2 TBS lemon juice
1 TBS honey
Salt and pepper to taste


Place berries, lemon juice, honey and oil in blender. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.

On 2 large dinner plates, divide field greens. Sprinkle each w/ 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning. Toss with fingers. To each plate add half of the blueberries, strawberries, almonds, cheese and chicken. Drizzle with dressing.

Shared on The Country Cook June 22, 2012

Salad at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

1 comment:

Mythreyi said...

Hi Krista, you have very nice salad preparation ideas. Glad to be in touch with you


-Mythreyi
Yum! Yum! Yum!