Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Bekki}
_____

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Bekki}

Good Morning and welcome to another weekend. Was your week a busy one? Ours sure was, so I'm very happy to have the next 3 days "off". Yep, that's right we have a 3 day weekend and it's definitely appreciated!

Today I welcome Bekki, EMM super fan and regular here on Weekend Company, back into the kitchen with me! So grab a seat, something warm to drink and join us!


I am married to my wonderful husband Josh, have a beautiful 12 year old step daughter Amy and 2 fur baby sweethearts Minnie and Shadow. I am a self taught baker/cook. I taught Wilton cake decorating for a while, worked in a grocery store bakery and have even spent time baking wedding/birthday cakes as a hobby on the side. My love for cooking has been since childhood. Spending time with my mother, aunts, and grandmothers. Aiding in their recipes or just being there for the conversation. Its always been a source of calm, peace, and ultimate fulfillment. The idea that you add your love to each recipe and share it with the people you care about is such an amazing blessing to me in more ways then I can ever put on paper. I have decided writing a cookbook was something I could do to share my love of food with family, friends, and whomever else comes my way. I hope your day is blessed with all your favorite things. 

Happy Saturday EMM family! I hope the New year is treating you all well, and finds you in great spirits! Thank you again, Mrs. EMM for inviting me back to spend some time with you. :D

With the holidays now behind us and the new years resolutions still strong in our minds. I thought this recipe would warm us all and keep our goals in sight. I have been able to lose over 60 pounds in the past 6 months and I feel I still have a way to go. So, one of my goals is to cook at home more often. Keeping good hearty recipes, and my pantry full will surely help me. What goals have you set for yourself this year? Who's up for the challenge of meeting our goals? I know I am! Blessings and good luck in all of your endeavors. 


Turkey Chili
 2 c. precooked turkey, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 40 oz. can pinto beans
1 28 oz. can baked beans
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 ½ tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. granulated garlic
1 tbsp. cumin
½ tbsp. red chili flakes
Salt to taste
In medium soup pot, over medium heat add olive oil, onions, and bell peppers.  Stirring occasionally, cook until onions are clear and bell pepper has softened 7-10 minutes. Add beans and seasonings. Allow to simmer about 25 minutes until beans are completely heated through and veggies have softened slightly. Add turkey and stir to combine. Check seasoning for desired taste, adjust as needed. Chili is ready when turkey has warmed through. Serve hot with your choice of toppings, shredded cheese, sour cream, over tortilla chips, Fritos or with your favorite bread. Enjoy!


Pin It

No comments: