Everyday Mom's Meals: Another From The Vault
_____

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Another From The Vault

When I decided on this little resolution of mine to go back and "re-blog" recipes that already were, but during the very early weeks and months of EMM when I pretty much had no audience (other than family of course), I didn't intend for the first two to be featured so close together. But, even though that's not the order we ate them in, that's how it worked out here, so be it. This is something I've literally been making for years, or at least for the 10 (almost) Adam and I have been married. Our favorite Italian restaurant here in Fort Wayne makes a killer version of this, and the first time I had it I knew I had to come home, recreate it, and thus this recipe was born. It was actually the very first baked pasta I ever made! It has become a family favorite and I'm frequently asked to bring it to family parties and meals. It's so easy after a few times of making it, that like me, you will probably have it memorized. I can also tell you that even though the recipe calls for "meat sauce" you can substitute "plain" spaghetti sauce with no problems. I know this because I do exactly that when making it for a meal that includes my non-meat eating sister in law!

Now that I've shared two of these gems from the EMM vault, I'm even happier I decided up on this foodie resolution for 2013. There are a lot of great recipes from my early blogging days that I can't wait to share again!

Baked Mostaccioli
1 lb. mostaccioli, cooked and drained
1 (26 oz.) jar meat flavored spaghetti sauce
8 oz. mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. Parmesan, plus extra for top
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. Italian seasoning, plus extra for top
16 oz. small curd cottage cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. Italian bread crumbs
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375. When pasta is cooked and drained, return to hot pot. In a medium bowl combine cottage cheese, 1/2 c. Parmesan, eggs, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Mix well. Add cheese mixture to hot pasta. Add bread crumbs. Stir well. Add about 1/2 the spaghetti sauce, 1/2 the mozzarella cheese and mix to combine. Grease a 9x13 pan. Add just enough sauce to cover bottom. Pour pasta mixture into pan. Top with other 1/2 sauce and mozzarella. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan and Italian seasoning. Bake for 45 minutes, uncovered, until brown and bubbly.


Shared on The Hopeless Housewife Jan. 23. 2013
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Jan. 23. 2013
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Jan. 24, 2013
Shared on The Country Cook Jan. 25, 2013
Pasta at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

3 comments:

NOVA Frugal Family said...

This looks super yummy. I have a fear of cottage cheese and I think that I need to get over it and try it baked in a recipe. I just clicked on your blog from another site and I am a new follower! Thanks for the great recipe and hopefully, I will get over my cottage cheese hang up and try it!

Miz Helen said...

I love the oldies but goodies, looks great. Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for sharing your tasty recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Erika Monroe-Williams "The Hopeless Housewife" said...

What a comforting dish! Thanks for linking up with us this week!