Everyday Mom's Meals: Back In Time
_____

Friday, January 18, 2013

Back In Time

Right after the beginning of the New Year, a dear friend asked me if I had any "foodie resolutions". Well, as a general rule I don't make New Year's resolutions. Personally I think they are just asking for us to feel let down, disappointed in ourselves and guilty when we break them. But she did get me to thinking about what I could do here on EMM as a resolution type of thing. Two years ago I vowed to make at least 1 new recipe per week for the entire year, and I DID! Some weeks even more than one. But to be honest I don't think I could do that again if I tried. Our schedules weren't nearly as busy back then as they are now, and some weeks I just need to rely on old stand bys to make sure there is food on the table each night. So after a little thought I decided on a foodie resolution that will not only help out all of my readers but also me. See, there are quite a few recipes I blogged back when only my mom and husband read EMM; so why not go back and "re-blog" some of those? That way, they are like new recipes to all of you but still things that I don't necessarily need to "test" before I feel comfortable sharing them. They are already blog approved, just hidden in the vault as I like to call it.

So to start off this 2013 resolution, I chose one of my favorite recipes of the bunch. This is simple yet delicious. Easy yet elegant. And 100% delicious. If you are a fan of artichokes and lemon, this will excite you as much as it does me. Plus, I love the fact it uses boneless chicken thighs because they are one of the most affordable cuts of chicken in the store!

I hope this experiment of going back in time on EMM turns out as fun and tasty as I plan, and this recipe is the perfect way to begin!

Chicken with Artichokes and Lemon
1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, patted dry (about 6 pieces)
1/4 c. all purpose flour
2 TBS vegetable oil
1 c. chicken broth
2 cans artichoke hearts in water, drained
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 TBS butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
Garlic Salt to taste

Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt, salt and pepper. Lightly dredge both sides in flour. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes total. Add broth, and artichokes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until chicken is almost cooked through, 10-15 minutes. Scatter lemon slices over chicken, cover and cook until chicken is done, 2-3 minutes longer. Transfer chicken, artichokes and lemons to platter. Add butter to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in thyme and parsley. Cook 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened and "shiny". Pour sauce over chicken.



Shared on The Country Cook Jan. 18, 2013
Shared on Make Ahead Meals Jan. 21, 2013
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Jan. 22, 2013

1 comment:

Diane Balch said...

My daughter and I both love lemon and artichoke. it would be great if you brought this dish by my foodie friday party today.