Everyday Mom's Meals: Baking With Love
_____

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Baking With Love

Yep, that's right, I am already thinking about that day of love that is actually quickly approaching! But this year, the first treat I wanted to make that was Valentine's inspired, actually started at Christmas! Let me explain...

I have been wanting to try my hand at cake pops for a while now. Why? Because I've had them at Starbucks before and I quickly became addicted! So when I spotted a cake pop pan I immediately added it to my  wishlist; and on Christmas morning, Mr. Everyday came through with flying colors. I didn't want a machine to make them, just a simple pan to use in the oven. It's the perfect cake pop helper! I'm telling you, these are no fail! Mix, pour, bake! How much simpler could it be?

These would certainly please any valentine from young to old! Maybe a special after school treat on the festive day! Or, if you are lucky enough to be able to share home made treats with your child's class, these could make you a rock star mom! Or better yet, if your little ones are home with you, making these would be the perfect fun activity for the day!

I love treating my little valentine to something yummy and fun each February 14th, and for me, there is no better definition of "baking with love" than either surprising him with a sweet treat, or having him in the kitchen next to me making one! Plus, we always share with my other "big" valentine too, his Daddy!

Valentines Day is the perfect chance to show all those special people in your life just how much you care about them, and we all know the quickest way to anyone's heart is through their stomach, especially when it includes chocolate!

Fudge Cake Pops Adapted from Nordicware
3/4 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
3/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3 TBS cocoa
8 oz. semi sweet chocolate baking bar
8 oz. white chocolate baking bar
Sprinkles
Cake pop sticks

Preheat oven to 325. Grease cake pop pan. In a small sauce pan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and butter. Stir to combine until smooth. Remove and pour into a large mixing bowl. Add sugar and cocoa. Stir well. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring after each. Add flour and salt. Stir well until combined. Spoon mixture into pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, cool in pan for 5 minutes and then remove to cool completely. To melt baking bars, break into small pieces in glass bowls. Microwave for 30 second increments stirring after each until melted. Insert sticks into cake pops. Dip each into melted chocolate, swirling to remove excess. Decorate with various sprinkles.


Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Jan. 22, 2013
Shared on Hun What's For Dinner Jan. 22, 2013
Shared on The Hopeless Housewife Jan. 23. 2013
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Jan. 23. 2013
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Jan. 24, 2013
Shared on The Country Cook Jan. 25, 2013

Disclaimer: This is NOT a paid endorsement for Nordicware. All thoughts and opinions are mine.

Chocolate at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

3 comments:

Hun.... WFD said...

I really need to invest into a cake pop pan. It seems much easier than crumbling the cake, adding the frosting and then making them into balls. Thank you for linking up today, Krista!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Krista,
I agree with Cindy, I need to get one of those little pans. Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for sharing your tasty recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Erika Monroe-Williams "The Hopeless Housewife" said...

These are so cute for Valentine's Day! Thanks for linking them up with us this week!